Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Someday" and brain shifts ...





I am going through a fairly intense period of "brain shifts."

Here are a few of the biggies ...

#1
"Never enough time" to "extra time."
  I finally feel retired 7 years after my actual retirement date.  
That is a major "wow" moment for me.


#2
Mind filing! 
 Ideas pop into my head ... 
things I would like to do, to read, to see, to experience, to play with, on and on and on ... 
and it all gets automatically filed by my brain in the "Someday File."
  Is it possible that "someday" has finally arrived?


#3
Whole days at home!
  Many whole days in a row!!!  
That little reality is a sweet pleasure. 


#4
Fast food begone!
  I used to pick up one meal a day on the road.  
Wow, my health might actually improve if I eat only food from my house. 
(ok, I had one little tasty, sugar covered, jelly filled donut today, but just one.)


#5
Ugh on ringing phones!
  I still cringe a bit when it rings, but I have learned to back away from the "panic-cliff" of bad news before I get across the room to answer it.
  No bad news.  
Just pain-in-the-neck junk callers!


#6
Joy at true friends!
  I am honored that I was given the space I needed the last year without losing friends,
especially since I dropped out of so many friendships without warning.


Still shifting ... but not falling over.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

True retirement at last......so freeing.

Michelle said...

Sounds like welcome paradigm shifts to me!

Una said...

The next 20 years are all yours. Exciting.

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

What an exciting next 20 years you have looming ahead!!