Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Settled Down

After the celebration of the holidays and the flurry of activity when my son and daughter-in-law moved in ... and after the Christmas take-down of all the decorations ... things have finally settled down in our household.

The new normal has evolved in my life ... it kind of looks like this ...
  • Early to bed, early to rise - now I have working folks in my house, and they are up early and out the door.  So I am up early to be with my grand dogs.  No more staying up till 11:00 pm or midnight - not if I want to find my way to the coffee pot and happy dog faces at 6:00 am.
  • Dog walks, dog walks, dog walks.  All the time.  Meaty so loves his pee breaks.  No more waiting for 8 to 10 hours for is papa to come home for a pee break.  Now he has "pee breaks on demand."  Life is good.
  • Grimace is my new companion for visits to Assisted Living. Meaty prefers laying on the couch.
  • The kitchen table is busy almost every night - not just on the weekends.
  • Company while I blog and canine editorial suggestions are the norm - Grimace has very definite ideas.
It has been a very busy period, but the routine is now settling down.  And I am loving it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lovely to have a house full of family.

Linda said...

That sweet little face! He does look like he is living the life!

ipkristin said...

I love the photo of Grimmy! So happy to be with Grandma...the way life was supposed to be!