Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Waiting my turn.

So we are sick!

Well, at least my husband is.  I am waiting my turn.

You know the drill!  One person starts vomiting and everyone else thinks it is such a fun idea that they start doing it too!  (Not!)

Anyway, as soon as he got sick I could see the writing on the wall.  At some point I would be next, laying in bed wishing for death.  So I ran out to the store while I still could, got stuff needed to weather this bug, and then came home and made chicken soup.  I paid mom's bills that had been waiting.  I picked up around the house. I cloroxed all the surfaces he touched.  I washed my hands dozens of  times.

I am ready!

I am sticking pretty close to home right now.  Maybe I can get caught up on my blogging and my reading.

Just hoping I didn't bring this bug out to mom on Monday when I took her to a dentist appointment.  The last time this bug hit our family she wound up in the hospital on IV fluids and stayed 4 days.  It was the beginning of a very bad year health wise for her.

Fingers crossed.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you had an opportunity to get prepared.

Linda said...

Hoping both you and Aunt Elaine escape this one!