Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Two walk day - 17,000 steps

July was a pretty tough month for walking steps.  It was hot!! And early in the month I was on an unofficial vacation from life - no blogging, no walking.  I still tracked my steps, but I made no effort to bump up my totals.  As a result I didn't reach my July goal of 10,500 daily steps average for the month.  My 30 day average was approximately 9,900 steps - ok, just not at goal.

So the August goal is a repeat - 10,500 daily steps average.

But today, the last day of July, I wanted to go out with a "bang."  With my 30 minutes of stretching (conversion steps) and my 2 long walks today, I reached 17,000 steps!  That is a record for me since  May.  (My all time record was 31,000+ steps in one day back in 2009.)

Anyway, I am pleased that I ended the month well.

Finally, I am looking forward to Fall and Winter (my favorite season).  If I can keep focused, keep increasing my step totals, keep increasing my physical endurance now ... the fall should be great.

Less heat, better endurance!!


3 comments:

Terra said...

Hi, I enjoy exercising by walking too, plus twice a week in a warm indoor pool and a few minutes on a stationary bike. It's all good!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the cooler weather will make a big difference. It has just been too too hot.

Lynne said...

17,000+ steps the last day of July is a great kick off for today! Can you believe it is AUGUST.