Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Thursday, April 5, 2012

E is for Engagement


Our family is about to grow in a most wonderful way.
Our son is engaged to be married to
his love,
his best friend,
his long time companion
....
this coming May
May 19th - the same date as my 86 year old mother's wedding anniversary of 1946.
How cool is that?

We are all thrilled at this logical and long expected step in their relationship.

My mind frequently rests on the upcoming union
of these two wonderful people.

Its a good place to rest.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations......sounds like a match made in heaven.

Jenn said...

Oh how wonderful-- weddings are so special--I can only imagine how special it will be when it's my children getting married. You must be so happy and proud!! I can imagine your mind is in a great resting spot.

Cheers, Jenn
http://www.wine-n-chat.com

Laura said...

What a happy day that will be! Congratulations!

Changes in the wind said...

Happy for you:)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations to the whole family!
What a beautiful day it will be!

JANU said...

Congrats to the Parents and to your son too.
My link -
http://janukulkarni.blogspot.in/2012/04/enamoured.html

Brenda said...

That's neat...and just around the corner! Congratulations to the beautiful couple and yourselves.

klahanie said...

A beautiful heartfelt message and indeed, I found this whole article, most engaging.
My pleasure to make your acquaintance and thank you for your very kind comment on my latest posting.
Have fun and happy writing.
With respect and good wishes, your way, Gary

g-girl said...

:) love the photo. great post too!

Noofy said...

May must have been the "Wedding Month" in the 40s. My parents were married May 9, 1948. Certainly is a beautiful month weather wise, just perfect for a wedding.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

I think that's wonderful - May 19th .. good date and other wedding anniversaries I know .. lovely time of year ..

have fun and so much happiness to look forward to .. Happy Easter - Hilary

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Congratulations! To gain a daughter-in-law is a sweet thing. So happy your son has found the "one." If you're looking for a beautiful mom/son dance, google the song "The Man that You've Become." It will make you cry. My son and I danced to that at his wedding. It was lovely!