Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Monday, March 7, 2011

You are just perfect!

This mirror spoke to me. I found it hanging in the doggie day care lobby and had to take a picture of it.

Think about it!

If people would focus on the good in themselves, their positives over their negatives, look at life through a mirror like this one ... they would be happier.

So much unhappiness is based on poor self esteem. In a effort to boost their own feelings about themselves, they find fault and are critical of others, they focus on the negatives in life, and they define friendships by how much they are the same rather than celebrating the differences.

How sad. I sometimes stuggle with these feelings myself, especially if I have been the receiptent of a careless or thoughless comment, or an unfair and hurtful conversation. But when I saw this mirror, the simple statement seemed to resonate - a reminder that I have much to offer and much to be happy about.

The blog posting from Happy One yesterday seemed to "mirror" (sorry, I couldn't help myself), my posting today. Below is a partial quote I stole from her blog. Check out the full quote at Happy One's blog here.

"Happiness and joy do not come from the outside but from within you.
They are the result of a conscious decision,
a deliberate choice,
one we make each day."
Joyce Meyer

No comments: