Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do ...
Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Walking my legs off in September!


Once again I walked Centennial Lake today with my husband - the weather just can't be any better - cool, breezy, sunny with no humidity! The lake still looks very green but, the coming of fall will bring great changes - I love it!

I noticed when I logged my miles for today's walk on MapMyRun.Com, I had totaled 53.96 miles during my exercise walks for September - as of September 18th!! Still many days left in September. That is outstanding, because in all of August I had logged only 51.95 miles - for the whole month. I have really upped my effort this month. I should be well ahead in September when I sum up my exercise efforts. Of course, the down side of that is that I have made October more of a challenge!

There were also tons of people at the lake. When we pulled into the parking lot I commented to my husband that some kind of activity must be going on because the parking lots were all full. Not so, just everyone enjoying the beautiful outdoors. I did make a mental note to avoid the weekends - weekdays are much more quiet.

And tomorrow my family returns from the beach!! Yeah!!! Looking at my To-Do list, I won't do quite as well in the completions as I did in the walking miles. I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Hope you did something wonderful this magnificent Saturday.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I usually stay away from my lake on the weekends too. Much nicer with fewer people during the week!!